At New Alamo Residence we partner with other healthcare leaders to provide Home Palliative care. That addresses symptoms relieves pain, and maximizes the quality of life for people living with serious illnesses, providing another layer of help for those who may be receiving curative treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy.
Essentially, palliative care is a form of specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses, with a focus on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness, The goal is to enhance the quality of life of the patient, with care provided by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work in conjunction with the patient’s existing doctors. palliative care offers compassionate care to patients with life-limiting illnesses.
Don’t hesitate to contact New Alamo Residence Home to find out which option is best for your loved one.
Home health care services are delivered in the comfort of our facility. Nurses, caregivers, and aides visit the patient at their residences to assist in treating an illness, injury, or chronic condition. Examples of home health services are:
• Wound care for surgical wounds or pressure sores Intravenous or nutrition therapy
• Assisting with serious illness and unstable health status
• Physical rehabilitation
• Speech therapy
• Dietary assistance
• Monitoring of temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing
• Supervising prescription and other drugs
• Pain management
• Safety management in the home
• Education about self-care
• Care coordination and communication