Offering Affordable, high-quality memory care in Moraga, CA For Your Family Members
According to the latest data from the Alzheimer’s Association, an alarming number of 690,000 individuals aged 65 and above are currently living with Alzheimer’s in The Golden State. Additionally, cognitive decline affects 11.7% of people aged 45 and above. If a family member is facing these challenges, it is crucial to provide them with the proper care and support they deserve.
We understand the complex needs of individuals with memory issues, and we are here to offer comprehensive solutions. Many older adults with memory impairments may ultimately require specialized memory care homes as they age. Often, they also require additional physical healthcare alongside memory care. Providing optimal care for your loved ones at home can be challenging, which is why a dedicated memory care facility may become necessary to address both the mental and physical aspects of their treatment.
Our team consists of expert doctors and nurses who specialize in memory care. We are committed to ensuring the well-being of your family members, offering round-the-clock care and support. With us, you can rest assured knowing that your loved ones are receiving the highest level of care, tailored to their unique needs.
Choose us for all-encompassing memory care that prioritizes compassion, expertise, and the preservation of cherished memories.
Amenities offered by our Moraga, CA memory care facility
- High-quality facilities designed to provide a comfortable and secure environment. (private, shared and luxury living option)
- Friendly, caring, and knowledgeable staff dedicated to meeting the unique needs of each resident.
- Offering assistance in personal care, personal productivity, and personal leisure.
- Personal care services include 24/7 monitoring. Assistance with dressing, hygiene support, and engaging activities that boost seniors’ self-esteem.
- Outstanding amenities that distinguish our facility in California, ensuring a superior living experience for residents.
- Regulated exercise programs and health initiatives to promote physical well-being and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Convenient laundry services to ensure residents always have clean clothes, alleviating the burden of this task.
- Housekeeping services to maintain a clean and organized living environment for residents’ comfort.
- Transportation services available to facilitate outings and trips, encouraging community interaction and keeping residents engaged.
- Social activities designed to foster connection, motivation, and a sense of belonging within the community.
Types of Dementia
Alzheimer’s Disease: The most prevalent form of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by progressive memory loss, cognitive decline, and behavioral changes. It is caused by the accumulation of abnormal protein plaques and tangles in the brain.
Vascular Dementia: This type of dementia results from reduced blood flow to the brain, typically due to strokes or other vascular conditions. Symptoms can include memory loss, confusion, and difficulty with decision-making.
Lewy Body Dementia: Lewy bodies are abnormal protein deposits that develop in the brain. Lewy body dementia is characterized by cognitive fluctuations, visual hallucinations, movement problems, and sleep disturbances.
Frontotemporal Dementia: This type of dementia primarily affects the front and sides of the brain. It can lead to changes in behavior, personality, and language abilities. Subtypes include behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia and primary progressive aphasia.
Parkinson’s Disease Dementia: Individuals with Parkinson’s disease may develop dementia as the disease progresses. Symptoms may include memory problems, slowed thinking, speech difficulties, and movement impairments.
Mixed Dementia: Mixed dementia refers to the presence of multiple types of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia, occurring simultaneously.
These are just a few examples of the different types of dementia. It’s important to note that each type can have unique symptoms and progression patterns. If you or a member of your family is showing any signs of dementia, you can contact our professionals for guidance and consultation.
What you need to know before admitting a patient to a memory care facility?
Admission criteria in California’s memory care facilities prioritize residents’ well-being and safety. Here are the few things you need to know before admitting your patient:
- Residents with disruptive mental disorders are not admitted.
- Certain health conditions like staph infection, nasogastric care, and gastronomy care lead to ineligibility for admission.
- Approval from the Department of Social Services is required for residents needing assistance with daily living activities.
- Thorough assessment of mental condition, functional capacity, and social aspects is conducted prior to admission.
- Regular assessments are performed for condition monitoring and major changes. Physician’s detailed report is essential for admission, ensuring crucial medical information.
Offering Tailored services to take care of your loved ones
Dementia is an insidious and progressive condition, which means that as time goes on, the individual’s needs will gradually escalate. The relentless progression of dementia often reaches a point where the demands and challenges surpass what a dedicated caregiver can adequately provide. As the disease advances, the individual’s cognitive abilities deteriorate, leading to greater dependence on others for daily activities, personal care, and supervision.
Our facility provides comprehensive personalized care and services for your loved ones. We understand that each individual has unique requirements, and we are committed to tailoring our care programs accordingly. If you have specific needs or preferences, please share them with us, and we will create a customized plan to meet those requirements. Our team consists of dedicated nurses and doctors who are experienced in providing specialized care for seniors. We prioritize personalization to ensure your loved ones receive the best assistance. Visit our memory care in Moragfa, CA and gain a better understanding of what we offer.
We strive to provide a nurturing and enriching experience for every individual in our care, whether it’s memory enhancing program or promoting social engagement. Despite the challenges of Alzheimer’s and dementia, we aim to create a warm and supportive community where residents can thrive with professional and compassionate care. Our priority is your loved one’s wellbeing, and that’s why we provide compassion, support, and assistance.